We are very excited to offer seasonal horse camps here at Owl Ridge Equestrian Center, LLC - see available dates and registration information at the bottom of the page. We ask that all participants be 5 years of age and up. All campers can expect to learn the following:
- Education opportunities to learn barn chores and horsemanship responsibilities (learning how to care for a horse)
- Horse themed arts & crafts
- Horsemanship classroom activities (riding technique, safety, reading horse behavior, observe the farrier, horse body part labels, tack components, etc.)
- Grooming & Tacking Up
- Group Lesson (under our fully ventilated covered arena)
- Untacking and putting the horse up
We ask that all campers bring a sack lunch each day and a refillable water bottle. Please also be sure to send a snack and drink for mid-morning. We will be sure to keep any refrigerated items in our refrigerator.
Proper riding attire is always appreciated. Campers may wear shorts, but must bring long pants to change into for riding. Only sturdy closed toe boots or shoes may be worn the entire time at the facility. Please no sandals or flip flops!
Helmets are provided unless the camper brings their own approved equestrian helmet.
At the end of the week, your child will have an opportunity to show you what he/she has learned in their very own Horse Show! We hope you will be able to make it as I’m sure it will make you very proud.
Our Summer Camp will be held from 9:00 AM to 1:00 PM.
The weeks camp will be held are the following weeks:
- 6/05/2023 - 6/09/2023
- 6/12/2023 - 6/16/2023
- 6/19/2023 - 6/23/2023
- 6/27/2023 - 6/29/2023 (Advanced Riders: Walk, Trot, Canter to cross rail/2ft to 2’3” Hunter/Jumper/2’6” and up Hunter/Jumper. Each session will be two hours.)
- 7/10/2023 - 7/14/2023
- 7/17/2023 - 7/21/2023
For the 6/27/2023 to 6/29/2023 session, the price is still being finalized and will be updated here when available.
All other sessions (i.e. 5 day sessions) will be $375/camper.
To register for camp, please call 470-328-9800 or swing by the farm to register in person.